Wednesday 8 August 2012

Too Long / England

First of all, it has been MUCH too long since i posted anything here. I have wanted to, yet at the same time dreaded putting anything here. It all kind of started originally cause i lost my Ipod a couple of months ago. My ipod was what i took pictures with which was what i posted here. FOR THE MOST PART. But, i guess i could and would have carried on posting here. Maybe at the time i would have posted ABOUT losing my ipod. But then, sadly... DEVASTATINGLY... my computer broke down too. After that i lost ALL motivation to post anything. To do anything which was related to my broken and lost items. Even now i am still trying to pick up the pieces of what has been lost between both my ipod and computer. LOTS of it!

So yes, after that, i took a trip to England. My first time traveling by myself and i REALLY enjoyed it. First of all i went to meet my cousins in London. I stayed with my uncle for a few days and visited a couple of cool places. Went to Camden Market and brought a couple of souvenirs and gifts first of all. Its a REALLY cool place! I love it down there.

This picture is of a market just a short walk from the ACTUAL Camden markets. I personally preferred this one
After that i headed to the national history museum just to look around. Didnt buy anything or do much. Just looked around the exhibits. It was cool. Not FUN. But cool :D

The first thing you see when you walk through the doors. It is quite impressive.

The next few days i didnt do much. Visited Brent Cross, hung out with my cousin Alvyn. Got down to some hard labour cleaning out their giant fish tank and moving it across their new and improved back yard to a shed. That was MURDEROUS xD


Anyways, after my few days in London, i took a train over to Bristol to meet my brother and his new niece. Shes so CUTE! Heres a picture of her:

Shes 9 months old now and she is JUST learning how to crawl! Oh the cuteness!!! xD
My brother took me around to visit some prospective Universities which was a lot of fun. I really like University of Bristol itself. The city is so nice, the layout of the university too, spread out across the central city. Its just such a nice PLACE! Also visited University of Bath too. Thats a really beautiful little city as well. I prefer University of Bristol, but Bath is nice too.

That was my main objective when visiting England. Just to look at universities, and find one which really motivates me to work hard. Which Bristol has. I think another factor was the thought that i would be able to hang out with my brother too. There is a large age gap between us because he is a child from my fathers previous relationship and so, as a kid, i never really got to hang out with him much and i like the thought of being able to if i were to go to Bristol.

My brother and Little Lyra. Not the best picture, but it was a fun memory climbing this tower and getting a view of the whole of Bristol :D
I think my brother also got me hooked on coffee a bit. Wherever we went he would ask if we could stop for a quick coffee. I have never been much of a fan of coffee before, but after getting used to the strong taste, i have really grown to like it. He also took me to quite a few pubs which was a lot of fun :D

Anyway, 2 weeks over there passed too fast and i was on a train back to London to catch a flight back. In the brief 2 days i spent back there, i hung out with my cousin some more and traveled around a bit. On the last night, my uncle took me and my cousin out for dinner at a nice Chinese restaurant. After that he went home and my cousin and i went to pick up his girlfriend. From there, we went to Chinatown and had a drink at a gay bar where my cousin got hit on. WHILE he was with his girlfriend! That was funny xD
An embarrassing thing though is that, when i drink, my eyes go blood shot. I mean REALLY blood shot. It looks so bad! Sometimes it doesn't happen but when it does it is SCARY looking. However i am a right laugh when i do get a drop of alcohol in me so no one worries :D

So yes, that concludes my trip summary. Altogether, it has inspired me to work hard to get into the university i want, and also has installed in me a passion to travel. Next time i want to go backpacking across europe with a friend. That would be the best trip. All i need now is a travel partner...

No comments:

Post a Comment